Saturday, October 8, 2011

Outlander

5 cookies
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  I really liked this book, but I struggled with how many cookies it would get.  It does have some disturbing and graphic scenes, and because of that I didn't want to give it my highest of 5 cookies.  But, I couldn't stop thinking about the characters and the storyline, and usually those are the reasons I give a book 5 cookies.  This book is about a woman who is transported back in time 200 years in Scotland, and is forced into marriage.  (She is already married!)  Her husband is wanted for a crime he didn't commit, and is eventually caught.  I won't say more.  There are 7 more books in the series, and I can't NOT read them - but I am nervous to.  I know that there is more time travel in the next books, and I don't want the characters to have to be apart!  I'd rather they could just be happy - but I have to know what happens!

No comments: