Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Forgotten Garden

5 cookies
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.  The best book I have read in awhile!  LOVED IT.  It's about a tiny girl abandoned on a ship sailing from England to Australia.  She is taken in by the dockmaster and his wife and raised as their own.  When she is told the truth on her 21st birthday it shatters her sense of self, and she sets out to find out who she really is.  This book was sad at times, but beautiful.  I'll say it again - I LOVED IT.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I like your simple reasons for starting your book blog. Kinda the same reason I do mine. I forget everything....my blog is my way to remember and keep track. Have you ever printed your blog? or know anyone that has? I am wanting to pursue that idea. I figure I can just print out a year at a time, and NEVER have to scrap book again!!!!
I have added your blog to my short list....I will be checking in to see what you are reading girl.
Thanks for letting me know you keep one. I am excited to pursue some of your recommendations.
Take care, Melissa